Shelter and safety go hand in hand. Though our doors have been closed to the public, the team at Habitat Catawba Valley has still been hard at work this entire time building forward. Now, we are excited to announce that we are beginning to resume some of our public operations. Our staged reopening prioritizes the areas of service which are most essential to our mission and in which we can best guarantee the safety of our staff, supporters, and neighbors. We have implemented increased safety and sanitation measures throughout our operations. We look forward to welcoming you back as we reopen our public offerings. Below is an overview of our current measures. We will continue to monitor the local health landscape and respond accordingly, so check back often for updates! As always, we thank you for your continued kindness and cooperation as we work to build safety, strength, and stability for all our Catawba Valley neighbors.
- Habitat Catawba Valley & ReStore Catawba have taken the Open & Safe Commitment.
- ReStore Catawba is open and welcoming shoppers Thursday – Saturday, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- You can shop the ReStore online at shopcatawbarestore.org.
- Weekly Shop and Save days will return when the ReStore is able to return to full operation. Follow the ReStore social media accounts for information on special sales and discount days that will happen during our current operating hours.
- In compliance with the state mandate, masks are required in the ReStore.
- In an effort to keep you, our volunteers, and our staff safe, you are responsible for unloading your own donations, or you can schedule a contact free pick up by calling the ReStore or providing your information here: habitatcatawbavalley.org/restore/donate. ReStore customers will also be responsible for loading their own purchases.
- Construction continues across three different work sites and repairs, utilizing staff only for the moment.
- Homeowners continue to move through the acceptance, construction, and homebuyer education process.
- The main office is still closed to the public; however, the staff is still hard at work. If you need to connect with a staff member, we recommend using email for the fastest reply. You can find staff contact info here: habitatcatawbavalley.org/about/staff.
- We are planning a staged reopening for our volunteer program, beginning with small crews of regular volunteers. Check back here for updates on individual and group opportunities as they become available.