At Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley, we are committed to keeping your information private.We recognize the importance applicants, program families, tenants, and homeowners place on the privacy and confidentiality of their information. While new technologies allow us to more efficiently serve our customers, we are committed to maintaining privacy standards that are synonymous with our established and trusted name.
When collecting, storing, and retrieving applicant, program family, tenant, and homeowner data – such as tax returns, pay stubs, credit reports, employment verifications and payment history – internal controls are maintained throughout the process to ensure security and confidentiality.
We collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others; and
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency.
We may disclose the following kinds of non-public personal information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, debts, income, etc.;
- Information about your transactions with us, or others such as your loan balance, payment history, monthly payment, etc.; and
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley employees and volunteers are subject to a written policy regarding confidentiality and access to applicant data is restricted to staff and volunteers on an as-needed basis.
Information is used for lawful business purposes and is never shared with third parties without your consent, except as permitted by law. Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley has no affiliates or marketing experts with whom we share personal information.
As permitted by law, we may disclose non-public personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial services providers, such as mortgage servicing agents, credit counseling services, non-profit organizations, government entities and other subsidy providers.
If you prefer that we do not disclose non-public personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures permitted by law). If you wish to opt out of disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties, you may call Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley at (828)328-4663.
Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley may obtain personal information about you in the following ways:
- When you make a charitable donation or gift to Habitat for Humanity of the Catawba Valley or make a purchase at the Catawba Valley Habitat ReStore
- When you access our affiliate or restore websites; www.habitatcatawbavalley.org and www.shopcatawbarestore.org, via in store checkout or Google Analytics tracking software. View how google collects and process your data at: https://policies.google.com/ and https://policies.google.com/technologies
* Submit an online form, submit and online donation form, or complete a purchase on our ReStore website.
We might also obtain your personal data through your use of social media such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter or LinkedIn, depending on your settings or the privacy policies of these social media and messaging services. To change your settings on these services, please refer to their privacy notices, which will tell you how to do this.
Habitat for Humanity of the Catawba Valley will contact you for marketing purposes—for example, to keep you up to date on our work, or let you know how you can support that work—only where we have your consent or we are otherwise allowed to do so because of your prior engagement with Habitat for Humanity, as explained further below (see “Our Reliance on Your Prior Support”).
We will make it easy for you to tell us if you would like to receive marketing communications from us and hear more about our work and the ways in which you would like to receive this information. We will not send you marketing material if you tell us that you do not wish to receive it. Instructions for how to do so are below (see “How to control what we send you or update your personal information”).
If you are a U.S. or Canadian resident, your ongoing consent is presumed unless you inform us that you wish to be removed from our contact list.
Our Reliance on Your Prior Support: You may also receive marketing information from Habitat for Humanity if you have previously made a similar donation to, or have previously purchased similar goods and services from, Habitat for Humanity, a Habitat Affiliate, or a Habitat National Organization. However, we will not rely solely on the fact that you once supported us as the basis for our continued marketing to you if you have opted out of receiving emails, newsletters, or other marketing materials in your communications to Habitat for Humanity, a Habitat Affiliate, or a Habitat National Organization.