The Habitat Repairs! program addresses the home repair needs of eligible, low-income Catawba County homeowners. The goal of the program is to keep homeowners dry, safe, and warm while increasing their quality of life and allowing them to stay in their homes longer.
Services vary based on need and availability of funding, but may include:
- Roof repair/replacement
- HVAC Work
- Modifications for accessibility
- Exterior painting/staining
- Floor Repair
- Decks, steps and rails
- House must be owner-occupied.
- House must be within Catawba County.
- No minimum income required as long as there is the ability to make two payments based on homeowner income.
- Must be owned for at least one year.
- Must not be jeopardy of foreclosure.
- For single, double wide and other manufactured housing, the applicant name must be on title.
Household Income Eligibility for Application
Call (828) 328-4663, extension 310 for maximum income for larger households.
Habitat Repairs! Van
Introducing the Habitat Repairs! van. Be on the lookout for us as we complete urgent repairs throughout the county.
Thanks to our friends at Hyperformance Graphics in Hickory for all their help on this!