Some explainer goes here
How you can get help
Click on the links below for expanded information we have collected under each category.
We are building resources to help you and your family navigate these unprecedented times. Check back often, because we will be updating them here as soon as they are available.
Latest Updates From Habitat Catawba Valley
Habitat Catawba Valley & ReStore Catawba Reopening Update
Shelter and safety go hand in hand. Though our doors have been closed to the public, the team at Habitat Catawba Valley has still been hard at work this entire time building forward. Now, we are excited to announce that we are beginning to resume some of our public...
Director’s Corner – Being a Hero Begins at Home
In no other time has our Home been asked to do more. From transforming into a home office, to a school classroom, to a quarantine facility, to a full-time restaurant, our Homes have taken on the jobs that we used to do past our front door.
COVID-19 Update 4/1/2020
Dear Neighbors, These are uncharted times for our community and events are changing quickly. Just 10 days ago, Habitat suspended public operations through March 31st. Now updated CDC and NCDHHS guidelines for North Carolina mean that Habitat will be on hold longer...
How We’re Still Building
- Processing loan documents and house closings so our partner families’ path to homeownership remains uninterrupted
- Providing homebuyer educations classes in new video formats so that homebuyers in our pipeline remain current with program
- Increasing homeowner counseling and support to help partner families manage decreased income and possible difficulty making mortgage payments
- Creating list of resources for distribution to help our homeowners, and others, weather the current crisis
Habitat Builds – New Construction
- Working on current construction projects, one staff member at a time
- Implementing a grading plan, finalizing site design, and selecting house plans for The Cottages at Ridgeview
- Preparing for a new build project in collaboration with the City of Hickory
Habitat Repairs – Critical Repair
- Processing current repair applications and assisting clients complete necessary paperwork
- Preparing for our first-ever coordinated neighborhood repair effort in Ridgeview
- Completing subcontractor work as needed
- Reaching out to Gift in Kind donors, and local retailers, businesses, and manufacturers
- Updating technology to improve all ends of the donor and shopper experience
- Connecting with volunteers to keep them engaged and thank them for their continued service
Call To Action
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.