All of us are indebted to those who preceded us. We drink from wells others have dug. We sit under the shade of trees others have planted. We share our faith from foundations we did not lay.
At the same time, we are the seeds of the future. We dream and set things in motion. The fruits of our decisions today will be known only by those who we will never meet. What will your legacy be?
As you plan your future and reflect on the legacy you will leave behind, consider the following ways you can strengthen families and communities through a partnership with Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley:
- Cash Gift Donations
- Gifts of Stock
- Gifts of Real Estate and Land
- Beneficiary in Will
- Life Insurance Beneficiary
- Donations through Charitable Gift Annuities
- Donations through Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Gifts through Charitable Lead trusts, which ultimately return the trust principal to you
- Gifts through Charitable Lead trusts, which ultimately pass the trust principal to loved ones
- Making Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley the beneficiary of your home while continuing to live there.
Beneficiary in Will
When making or updating your will, please consider a gift to Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley. An estate-planning attorney can assist you in adding one of the following paragraphs to your will:
“I hereby give and bequeath $_________ to Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley to be used (for its general purposes) (for[specific purpose]).”
“I hereby give, devise and bequeath (the residue) (__% of the residue) to my estate to Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley to be used (for its general purposes) (for[specific purpose]).”
Our legal name is Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley. If you do not include “Catawba Valley”, your gift will be sent to Habitat for Humanity International.
Please call 828-328-4663, extension 311 for more information concerning planned giving.
For stock gifts, please contact Todd Ashworth at 828-322-1111