There are ways for everyone to get involved with Habitat, regardless of how old you are. For those who are 16 or older, there are volunteer opportunities in our ReStore and on our construction site. For those younger than 16, consider some of the following ideas:
- Make a housewarming basket or stock the pantry for a new homeowner family
- Hold a ‘can drive’ to collect aluminum cans to donate to Habitat
- Organize and serve meals to volunteers on the worksite
- Build picnic tables for Habitat houses
- Collect used cell phones to donate to Habitat
- Construct and paint window boxes, flowerpots, or birdhouses to be used as housewarming gifts or fundraising items
- Organize a change drive—construct and distribute house banks to schools or churches
- Hold a furniture/junk drive—collect used (but still usable) items to donate to the Habitat HomeStore
- Host a Habitat-themed Vacation Bible School—visit www.helwys.com for more information
- Organize a Housing Simulation for your class or Sunday School to educate others about poverty housing.
- Be an advocate for Habitat—contact your legislators and help change policies so that more Americans can have a decent and affordable place to call home
For more ideas, check out Habitat's Youth Programs site.
Interested in fundraising for Habitat? Click here for an extensive list of ideas.
Want to commit a year of service helping our neighbors in need? If you are 18 or older, consider joining Americorps.
The ReStore saves thousands of tons of perfectly good materials from ending up in landfills. All proceeds help fund Habitat for Humanity homes! For more information, click here
Phone: (828) 328-4663
Habitat for Humanity
of Catawba Valley
P.O. Box 9475
Hickory, NC 28603
772 4th Street SW
Hickory, NC 28601
1615 8th St Dr SE
Hickory, NC 28602
(Located next to Aldi's, and across from Home Depot)