Habitat for Humanity Catawba Valley ReStore is seeking energetic and motivated candidates for the part time position of Warehouse Associate. Reporting to the Assistant Store Manager, the Warehouse Associate is responsible for assisting with donations from time of delivery by the customer to placement on the floor to be sold.
- Unloading of donations from customer vehicles as they arrive at the donation area
- Assist with the loading and unloading of the HFHCV truck
- Load customer purchases into their vehicles
- Assist with cleaning the donated items and stocking them on the sales floor once they have been priced
- Ensure all items are priced prior to them being placed on the sales floor
- Provide excellent customer services while interacting with customers
- Test electrical items/appliances to ensure they are in working order
- Stock shelves, move and arrange furniture and product on the sales floor
- Ensure that the store and all working areas are clean and free of debris by breaking down boxes, picking up and emptying trash both inside and outside the store and sweep the floors regularly and assist with custodial duties
- Complete the duties of the cashier role as needed
- Assist with customer pick-ups as needed
- Participate in required department or affiliate-wide meetings, events, professional development, training, and process improvement.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Habitat for Humanity
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Strong customer services skills
- Ability and willingness to do heavy lifting of up to 75 pounds
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Effective interpersonal skills with a variety of people, personalities and backgrounds
- Previous warehouse/retail experience preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The majority of the work is done both inside and outside in a warehouse and retail environment. Daily exposure to dirt, dust, debris, extreme temperatures, vehicle fumes and odors will occur.
Must be able to:
- Stand or walk for the majority of a work day, including working on uneven surfaces
- Apply extensive physical mobility, including reaching, lifting, holding, pushing and pulling, carrying, bending, climbing stairs and ladders, crawling, kneeling, arm and leg extension
- Regularly lift 10 - 35 pounds: Occasionally 75 pounds or more
- Work outdoors in various weather conditions (heat, cold, wind, rain, snow)
Thank you for your interest in working with Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all of our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve and National Guard status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Habitat for Humanity of Catawba Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.